The UAV Club is a community of UAV enthusiasts offering students the resources to learn the skills required for designing and developing autonomous systems.
Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Club At a glance
Number of Members:
- Sam Udotong - President, Communications Lead
- Marshall Wentworth - Vice President, Hardware Lead
- Marcus Boorstin - Computer Vision Lead
- Sims Gautum - AI/Algorithms Lead
- Kevin Castro - Hardware Co-Lead
- Cherry Liang - Finance Manager
- Kris Frey - Modelling Lead
- Jacob Shearman - Communications Co-Lead
- Ben Eysenbach - Computer Vision Co-Lead
The club builds a vehicle for the annual Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International (AUVSI) Seafarer student competition.
Some projects include a UDB3 controller board development, our first project, which involved programming a flight controller from scratch, and interfacing it with an RC transmitter; SkyCall: a project to lead tourists with a UAV; MIT Prime: a project to deliver packages from dorm to dorm using UAVs; TechFair: a project to display and fly company logos at a tech expo on MIT’s campus; and World Urban Forum: a project to explore applicability of UAVs in disaster relief.
One of our first autonomous quadrotors decided to go for a swim in the Charles River instead of navigating to a waypoint while we were testing it.